Understanding why the keto diet is the best option for losing weight and what beginners should know about it.
The Essence Of The Keto Diet:
The keto diet meals is one of the best trends in the modern lifestyle. It involves a very low carbohydrate, low protein and high-fat diet.
Many lovers of diet and keto recipes talk about its benefits on the body. They are confident that such a diet will help to lose weight forever, radically change the metabolic process for the better and get rid of health problems, for example, help cure cancer.
The founder of the keto diet is the American physician Russell Morse Wilder. It was he who put forward the idea of using a diet low in carbohydrates and a high-fat diet as an alternative to prolonged fasting for epilepsy. It is worth noting that the specialist initially suggested stopping attacks of a serious neurological disease with a ketogenic diet.
It is believed that this composition of meals will increase your life expectancy by 10 more years, charge the body with energy, productivity, and even cure cancer patients. However, medicine does not know about those who have been cured of cancer with the help of the keto diet, but more than once doctors have helped people who complained of health problems.
Specialists in the field of the keto plan suggest two meals a day because the body is saturated with fats and proteins quite quickly. In theory, you will definitely not want to eat more often.
How The Ketogenic Diet Works:
Usually, the body gets energy from glycogen, which is stored in the mitochondria of cells. Glycogen stores are mainly found in the liver and muscle tissue. That is why metabolism changes dramatically when switching to a diet high in fat.
To get more energy and stimulate metabolism, you need to get rid of glycogen by forcing the body to enter a state of ketosis using a certain keto diet menu. This means that you need to consume no more than 20 net grams of carbohydrates throughout the day, and this is, for example, 32 grams of buckwheat, one apple, some vegetable salad or 30 grams of bread.
The keto diet menu includes foods:
- fatty meat and fish;
- sausages, ham;
- fried eggs;
- vegetable oils and sauces based on them;
- spices and salt.
Adherents of the ketogenic diet recommend consuming 5-7 grams of salt per day, but according to the WHO, for a healthy person, the maximum rate is 4.5 grams and no more than 2.5 grams for people with overweight and concomitant diseases.
The Pros Of The Keto Diet
- If we talk about the positive aspects of this type of nutrition, then we can highlight the following:
- A large amount of protein and fat in the diet creates a feeling of fullness, which makes it easier to tolerate dietary restrictions.
- There is no need to switch to a low-calorie menu, the main thing is to remove all carbohydrates from it.
- There is no strong appetite due to the absence of surges in blood sugar levels and a decrease in the production of ghrelin, a hormone that makes you feel hungry.
- Lipogenesis is reduced and lipolysis is increased.
- It turns out to achieve weight loss due to body fat, while the muscle mass remains, since enough proteins are supplied.
- There is no need to starve or spend fasting days, which makes it psychologically easy to tolerate such a diet, there is no desire to overeat after it stops.