Don’t be misguided by the myths of the health and the fitness world. In this era of technology, we are bombarded by new diet ads, workout plans, latest researches and articles daily. These things leave us in a state of mental chaos. Being healthy and fit is not just a measure of your physical health; it is actually a lifestyle. Indeed, we need to take important steps for incorporating positive modifications in our lifestyle. So, we decided to bring you the ultimate steps and lifestyle changes to help you become healthier and fitter you:
There are No SHORTCUTS
Sorry to be so blunt, but there aren’t any shortcuts and quick fixes when it comes to health and fitness. There are ways to speed things up and amplify your efforts, but then you have to work hard first. Working hard are the keywords here. The trick is to find out what works best for you. Additionally, couple it with effective methods and advice from the experienced ones, to maximize the fruit you get.
From strategizing your workouts to planning your meals in advance to keeping track of your goals, you will have to put in dedicated efforts in all of these fields to get healthy and maintain your fitness level.
You are what you eat.
As they say ‘You are what you eat’, so if you wish to be healthy and fit, you must make healthy eating choices. If you are too busy to make lunch daily or go to the gym, you don’t have to give up. As you don’t need extra time to drop the pounds. All you need is some planning and management skills.
Subsequently, indulge in batch cooking on the weekend and store the meals for the week so that you can avoid unhealthy junk and processed food. Take your healthy home-cooked food to work, vacation or anywhere you plan to go to accomplish your fitness goals. Apart from food, water is the healthiest drink as it detoxifies the body while keeping you hydrated. Therefore, carry your water bottle along and keep drinking on the go. Also, add more protein to your daily diet can help you tame your hunger, which ultimately leads to fitness.
Get Yourself a Fitness Journal
Make a habit of exercising regularly to keep your mind and body fit and raise your energy levels. Along with that, invest in a Fitness Journal as it is a great tool to help you attain your fitness goals by:
- Bringing you research-backed tweaks with systematic coaching.
- Daily food log to turn on your mindful eating habits and workout format to integrate with digital trackers.
- Planning and reward system to set goals that include checklists, tips and challenges to keep you going.
- Daily check-ins and weekly weigh-ins to keep you focused.
In a universe of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and web images, it is very easy to give in to temptations. From choking up on your favourite cake to skipping your workout session, know that losing to your temptations once nullifies months of your efforts. Undoubtedly, you will have to put in conscious effort to avoid getting tempted. Here are a few tips to help you:
- Give points to yourself on avoiding temptations, and on reaching a certain value, treat yourself with something nice.
- Distract yourself with healthy activities or change your environment.
- Visualize the benefits of avoiding temporary attractions.
Indulge in Yoga
Last but not least, indulge in yoga as it brings tremendous health benefits. From weight loss to physical strength to beautiful glowing skin to a peaceful mind, here’s why you should roll out the mat:
Being physically healthy doesn’t only mean the absence of disease; it also encompasses how happy and enthusiastic you are towards life. Yoga helps you in every way with its complete fitness package that includes postures, breathing techniques, and meditation. Some of its physical benefits include:
- It helps to detoxify the body of all the harmful chemicals. It also improves your health and strength by boosting the immunity system.
- Take a break from the exhausting everyday chores and indulge in yoga/meditation to boost your energy and feel refreshed.
- Better Posture and Flexibility as a regular practice of yoga tones your body muscles and strengthens them.
- Indulging for a few minutes in meditation and pranayama, also help to alleviate stress and make you feel relaxed.
Therefore, you can incorporate these ways in your routine to become healthier and fitter. Practice them consistently to achieve the best outcomes and reach your fitness goals. Moreover, these steps will also help to promote your overall wellbeing while making you realize health is the actual wealth.