GEM or Government E-Marketplace is an online portal launched by the Government of India. The portal provides an online facility for traders, suppliers etc to bid for government orders. Meanwhile, one can also register as a buyer on the GEM Portal and avail of services there.
Today, we are going to talk about how to register on the GEM portal and how to log in for bidding at the website or Government E-Marketplace.
What is GeM Portal?
GeM portal is a website where bidding for tender can be done for government contracts as well as buy products sold by customs.
How to login into the GeM portal?
- Go to GeM Login page
- Enter your User ID
- Enter security code
- Verify and enter your password
- Submit and login
Do I need to register first for GeM Portal?
Yes, you are required to register before you can start using the GeM portal.
How can I register as a buyer on GeM portal?
- Go to GeM homepage – gem.gov.in
- Accept the terms mentioned there and proceed.
- Enter your Aadhaar details
- Verify using OTP
- Fill the buyer registration form
- Submit the form and complete GeM portal registration.
How can I register as a seller on GeM portal?
- Go to Gem.gov.in
- Select your business type
- Enter business details
- Provide information in the registration form
- Submit the form and complete the registration process.
So this is how you can use the Government E Marketplace for bidding. Also, you can check your RC Status or Bidding status online on the same website. Following options are available –
- Bids / RAs
- Service Bids/RAs
- Bunch Bids/RAs
- Service Bunch Bids/RAs
- Bid to RAs
For more help, contact on following numbers – 1800-419-3436; , 1800-102-3436