The telecom giant Airtel is one of the pioneers in payment technology has come up with the Airtel Payments Bank which is the first Payment Bank in India to be licensed by the Reserve Bank of India. Several features of the Airtel Payment Bank set it apart from the rest of the online payment services. The customers get a full-fledged bank account where they can even earn interest up to 2.5% annually. They also get the facility to withdraw cash through card-less transactions from many ATMs spread throughout the country. The customers can even send and receive money instantly and get a virtual Debit card that functions the same way as a regular debit card for online transactions. Despite these wonderful features, the Airtel Payments Bank is not a mobile wallet and that is why the Airtel Money App has been launched by the Airtel Payments Bank to provide the digital wallet features. There are several benefits that one can get while using the Airtel Money wallet, many of which are not available with other digital wallets. Before we get to these let us first see how can we download, install, and set up the Airtel Money App.
How to Install and Setup Airtel Money
- Download and install the Airtel Money App from the Google Play Store or iOS App Store
- Provide your valid email id to get started
- Provide the basic documentation that might be required to get started
- You can even opt for a zero balance account avoiding any minimum balance
- Load money for the first time online for free or using an agent chargeable up to INR 15
The customers can opt for Express or Power Account. The Express account is the initial account and does not need any KYC. The limit of this is INR 20,000 which they can use maximum in a month. The Power account requires KYC documents to be submitted and the takes up to 21 days to get approved. The maximum account balance increases to INR 1,00,000.
Adding money to the Airtel Money App
If you want to add money to the Airtel Money wallet, you can do that by following the below steps.
- Go to the Airtel App on your smartphone
- Go to the Add Money section and log in using the mPIN and your mobile number
- Click on Login Securely and click again on the Add Money option
- Select your payment option such as Internet Banking, Debit Card or Credit Card
- You will receive an OTP after confirming your mode of payment
- Put in the OTP and wait for the Processing Your Request message and confirmation
- make money directories
Using the Airtel Money
There are two main ways by which you can use your Airtel Money account. One is with the Internet using regular options through the Airtel Money App to make payments and transfer money. The other way of using Airtel Money is through the USSD code without the internet. You need to dial *400# to gain access to the menu of Airtel Money. This is very beneficial for customers who do not use a smartphone.
Airtel Money is a very useful app for anyone looking to get a safe and secure digital wallet that works very well, thanks to the thoughtful design and useful features. The customers can use it to easily execute their digital transactions, even without an internet connection.