Today everybody is fond of coloring their hair. If it makes you look beautiful and confident, then why not. But one common concern always remains. For how long the hair color will last. There are, of course, a few tricks that can make it last longer but our busy schedule might make these hard to follow. So the easiest way out is to go for a color protective shampoo. Indus Valley color protective shampoo can not just strengthen your hair colour, but would also double up as a potent conditioning shampoo for hair. And, needless to say, going organic would certainly be the best way to go in this case too.
Benefits of a good color protective shampoo:
- Hydrates and nourishes: Frequent application of hair color can make your hair dull and harsh. A conditioning shampoo for hair brings back the shine and keeps the scalp hydrated in the long run.
- Sulphate-free: A color protective shampoo should always be sulfate-free as sulphates damage the hair color pigments. Being sulfate-free would ensure that the color would sustain for longer. Surely the color will not stay for an unusually long time, say for 6 months or 1 year, but once the hair color fades away the moisturizing elements of the conditioning shampoo for hair will keep the shine on.
- Chemical-free: The best conditioning shampoo for hair are the ones which have zero chemicals. Natural and organic ingredients help in making the hair strong and maintain the newness of hair colours.
- Protection against external damages: The best conditioning shampoo for hair will not only protect the hair color but it will also protect your hair from damages caused by pollution and the harmful ultra-violet rays of the sun.
Now for some tips to follow while using the color protective shampoo mentioned above to help your hair color last longer:
- Wash less: No, we are not asking you to stop washing your hair altogether once the hair color has been applied. All you have to do is avoid continuous washing of your hair as much as possible so that the hair color lasts longer.
- No hot showers: Hot showers remove the hair color faster. Washing the hair with room-temperature water or cold water would not only increase the life of hair color but will also keep the moisture of the scalp stable.
- Always cover your hair: It is important to cover the hair whenever you move out, especially during daytime, so that the hair color remains protected from the harmful sun rays.
- Thermal protectants: Always apply thermal protectants before you use the hair styling tools so that your hair as well as the hair color is protected from the heat coming out of the machines.
- Avoid chemicals: Any type of chemical can cause harm not only to the hair color but also to your hair quality. Stay away from products with chemicals and chlorine mixed water (necessarily in swimming pools). Shampoo, oils, etc. all must be free from chemicals.
The life of your hair colour will depend upon, firstly, the brand that you are using. So look out for reviews and feedbacks from potential influencers before you make the purchase. And secondly, upon the ingredients that it carries. Although permanence in hair colours is an obvious choice, but it might not be always good for your hair and scalp health, as all permanent hair colours use very harmful chemicals that can turn out to be carcinogenic on long-time usage. So stay safe and use organic and grab the best color protective shampoo or conditioning shampoo for hair and apply your favourite organic hair color without any worries.
Add to this discussion by commenting below.